Your Ultimate Phono Preamp: Which One Would You Choose?

Imagine you’re in the market for a high-end phono preamp (your ultimate, at least for the moment) and have the budget to splurge.

Which one would you get?

Perhaps you've already got it, which one?

go4vinyl

Paradox Phono Signature 70 Models can be found for as little as $1800 if buying used is being considered. A search carried out will find such sale price offers.

If prudent spending is being considered, this might be one model worth learning much more about.

In recent searches I have found US produced Phon's produced that were close to $15K when new, that are offered for sale or sold recently close to $3K as used items.

I will make a large Wager, these Older released models as basic will stand ground well against modern $15K Phon's.

If the used Older released model was to have some minor mod's, where exchanges to the circuit was carried out, using state of the art Components, there is the possibility, the race will look very different, as to who is out in front. 

One thing for sure, $1000's will remain in ones coffers.  

Aesthetix Rhea Eclipse. I've had it for 6 years. Adding this was the biggest one time improvement in my analog playback system.

Van den Hul, The Grail w/Koetsu, Rosewood Sig... there are better combos I'm sure but for me, this is top of the mountain

https://myemia.com/LR.html

Having compared the Emia to several others directly in my system for an extended period including the VDH Grail SE and the BMC ULN as well as extensive listening in my system to an Allnic unit. Lino 2.0, and the latest Esoteric, it is not even close. All of the others sound wonderful, but the Emia takes it to a new level, the Emia with their silver SUT  sounds like music.

I've tried several phonostages in the $6K and under class.  I would say my current favorite is the CODA 06X FET, with the Musical Fidelity Nu-Vista Vinyl just behind it.  The MF is technically a tube phonostage with the Nu-Vista tubes, but those are not like the classic glass-body tubes.

For the classic glass tubes, I have a Herron VTPH-2A, and also a Bigbottle BB3.  Both of those units use RCA loading plugs for impedance, and have fixed capacitance.

Fixed capacitance is not ideal for me, since I have several MM carts, which vary in desired capacitance loading.  That's why the CODA and the MF get my overall nod, since they have switchable capacitance loading options.  The CODA has internal DIP switches for loading, whereas the MF loading is handled with switches on the front panel - very convenient.  Both units have the option of XLR/balanced or RCA/unbalanced outputs.

Anyway, for overall sound, I like the CODA best.  It has gotten me interested in the CODA line of other amps/preamps.