Small room....treating 1st reflection points

Hi Everyone,

Thinking of treating 1st reflection points at side walls, front and back walls. Some foam cornere bass traps. Floor has a throw rug. Not gonna treat ceiling. Bedroom size 10 x 14 x 10. Have access to 1 inch acoustic foam...will I be able to see an improvement or should I even bother since it's only 1".

Thanks.
pc123v
@mapman...which auralex are you using? Any of their basstraps as well?

Any other reasonably priced prefab foam (or any other product) out there that will be effective in treating 1st reflection points?
Pc, I have three of the panels I provided the link to on my side walls at prime reflection points to two of my main listening positions in teh room.

My OHM speakers are fairly omnidirectional so one can listen with a coherhent soundstage and imaging from most anywhere. In that case one must chose what listening locations to treat for. Its more straightforward when applying in teh case of more directional speakers with a small well defined "sweet spot".

The panels pretty much work as advertised. In my case, I am walking a fine line for best sound by applying the third panel, but I have chosen to lean that way.

Bass in this room, on my basement level with thin carpet and padding on concrete foundation, is quite controlled and excellent. I have dabbled with the idea of trying bass traps just to see, but have not been compelled to actually do it to date.
Rebbi,

I recall your room having a lot of exposed drywall, and appearing pretty lively acoustically.

Definitely consider the auralex 2X2X1 fabric panels. I put them up in my room downstairs and the wife never complained. BEsides doing their job as advertised, they are also aesthetically quite neutral.
Check out ATS acoustics web site. I have built several panels using their material.
Have had good luck using mattress pads I use polyfill over mattress
pad cover with wood frame and fabric.