Need some treble

I have a Bryston B135 Integrated amplifier.  As I get older there has been a change in my hearing and I'm not hearing higher frequencies, such as cymbals etc.  Normally I would just increase the treble setting, but this amplifier has no tone controls.  What's the solution?

sureshmirchand

I use a Schiit Loki Max and can't recommend it enough...tweak recordings from your listening chair with its remote, and it works with any system as it's analog adding no detectable noise of its own. 

The B135 has pre-out and main-in jacks. Buy an equalizer. The Schiit ones are good, but a vintage 10 or 12 band in good working order is better. Audio Control, ADC, Soundcraftsman, Pioneer, etc.  Check your local repair shop. Or contact Vince at audioproz.com. His used gear selection is excellent and all tested. 

Pure diffusers at first reflection points could do wonder for treble clarity.

The Schiit units are returnable if you want to try one.You'll be able to tell immediately if it does what you need. I had the mid priced Lokius for a few weeks but ultimately felt my older less than stellar recordings needed a bit more fine tuning. I ended up with a unit by API that I purchased from Reverb.com.They have many used and new parametric equalizers to research further if you that's something that interests you.