High Pass Filter for Mains

My problem is too much bass and no acoustic way to control it. I've managed to reduce the 10db bump at 63hz to 5 db, but I want to try a sub to better control it. So my plan was to high pass my mains and use the sub for control below 90hz. I've found several active crossovers but they're both expensive and overkill for what I need. I'm looking at an SVS 1000pro sub. 

I found what I need at Marchand Elec. for a reasonable price.

XM46SB-AA   Passive crossover 24dB/oct in small box,RCA, two channel  $ 325.00

But there is a 4 week lead time and I'm not so confident in the company after a brief conversation. So one question is about whether this company is solid and worth waiting for the product. 

Meanwhile, I thought I'd ask the group about alternatives or other suggestions. Are there other high quality passive HP filters out there under $500? I also looked at the HSU High End crossover but it's active and I don't really want additional electronics in the way. I don't care much about the packaging as long as the parts quality is good. Maybe there are other companies like Marchand who make such a product?

mashif

I've had a Marchand for over 20 yrs.  I've had Phil Marchand check it.  He has always been accommodating for me.  He uses good attenuators which make a difference and put new op amps for mine.

The new company Sublime looks to be comparable.

I bought a 2-way electronic crossover from Phil Marchand last year.  It's built like a tank and sounds fantastic.  A very good friend is running the same Marchand crossover in his system, and it's been rock solid.

I’m pretty sure GR Research, you can google their website, makes passive hi-pass filters.  They design crossovers for speaker manufacturers.

They will use much higher components than anything discussed above and they are very reasonably priced.

A cheap hi-pass filter will seriously degrade your sound.

Want to point out that even if you do use an analog crossover, a DSP EQ on the sub is still beneficial.  I would say if you can leave your high pass for your main amp and let the DSP handle the low pass for the sub, and everything else you'll find much better flexibility and easier time integrating the sub with the room and the sub with your mains.

I have alot of marchand and have no problems you can read the reviews say there noisy but I can't hear it.sublime acoustics make some .mini dsp you could get fast but have to use computer to program. Parts express carry some just a dial for two way high and low made out of salt Lake city.i do like electronic crossovers.put the sublime on my infinity irs v sound great you can change the cards in them to change crossovers but minidsp plug computer in change it all.many u tube videos  on them watch it.have some bryston 10 crossovers expensive.enjoy the music