High Pass Filter for Mains

My problem is too much bass and no acoustic way to control it. I've managed to reduce the 10db bump at 63hz to 5 db, but I want to try a sub to better control it. So my plan was to high pass my mains and use the sub for control below 90hz. I've found several active crossovers but they're both expensive and overkill for what I need. I'm looking at an SVS 1000pro sub. 

I found what I need at Marchand Elec. for a reasonable price.

XM46SB-AA   Passive crossover 24dB/oct in small box,RCA, two channel  $ 325.00

But there is a 4 week lead time and I'm not so confident in the company after a brief conversation. So one question is about whether this company is solid and worth waiting for the product. 

Meanwhile, I thought I'd ask the group about alternatives or other suggestions. Are there other high quality passive HP filters out there under $500? I also looked at the HSU High End crossover but it's active and I don't really want additional electronics in the way. I don't care much about the packaging as long as the parts quality is good. Maybe there are other companies like Marchand who make such a product?

mashif

Many of the active subs have an output for the mains that offer a HP filter. I can’t speak to the quality of them, but they definitely exist, and some might be good. Lots of people do it and are satisfied.  

Another active option that’s really affordable is to use an automotive active crossover for the high pass. The Pyle 2-way is under $40. Add a 12V wall wart, and it’s a go. I’m using one for low pass only, and it’s been great in that capacity, but can’t speak for the quality of the high pass, but I’d imagine it’s on par with the HP options offered in most subs.

Same here, used their 3-way active crossover for years. Just recently sold it. I would have no problem buying from them again.

I went in a different direction, but researched these

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/752261-REG/dbx_234XS_234xs_Crossover_XLR.html

I don't know anything about them but ASR measured one and it measured better then its price.  

A single cap, and plugging the ports can be very effective.   Hsu speakers also makes custom 2nd order line level

In my speakers, the tuned port is not just low end. It's a tube that terminates an inch from the back of the woofer. Plugging it muffles everything. 

The Merchand filter is 24 db while HSU is 12. It is essentially a single cap for each channel. I was hoping for an off the shelf alternative to waiting a month. I'm impatient.