Audioquest or Nordost for speaker cable

I have all Nordost IC but have been impressed by Audioquest power cable and am thinking of changing my speaker cables to Audioquest Thunderbird zero. I currently have Nordost Heimdall. Do you think that’s a good idea, Thanks.

couger4u

My experience with Nordost and AudioQuest.

To me, the Nordost Valhalla produces a large soundstage that can be quite appealing but has limited dynamics compared to the AQ Thunderbirds. Especially in the bass.

ozzy

I hate to add another option but Cerious Tech makes speaker cables that far exceed their price point. Cerious Tech Lumniscate line gets out of the way and allows you to hear your components and as a result the music. I highly recommend doing your research on them before making a decision. 

https://cerioustech.com/products/speaker-cables/speaker-cables-lumniscate/

sb

I hate to add another option but Cerious Tech makes speaker cables that far exceed their price point. 

@stevebohnii Just for some perspective, what else have you compared Cerious cables to and what differences/advantages did you find?

100% system, room and preference dependent. Until we see what the system consists of, any recommendation is a shot in a dark. 

Unfortunately, no one's opinion here will do you much good.  Everything in your system - and some things outside your system, e.g., power grid quality - changes the sound.

I've found the only reliable approach is to borrow the cables you're considering, preferably from a local dealer but from an online dealer if necessary, break them in for 200 hours (8 days of 24/7 playing) then play 8-10 of your favorite tracks and see if you like it better.

I've tried cables that everyone else raved about that were harsh or thin or lacking bass punch in my system.  You just need to try other cables and take systematic notes.