Borresen Loudspeakers

Had the opportunity to attend the launch event of the Borresen X1 loudspeakers last night in Chicago @nextlevelhifi ​​​​​with @jays_audio_lab. From their M6 at $550k per pair all the way down to the newly launched X1 speakers last night at $5500 your ears will smile. Amazing what a 4.5” driver can do. If you are in the market for any price range speaker about $5,000 and up you have to hear these. Imaging is 3 dimensional, larger than life soundstage and just absolutely stunning performance with a look that will fit any room. This manufacturer out of Denmark really gets it and I don’t care what price point you are looking at these speakers will out perform speakers double the price.  If you are buying speakers up to $25k you have to hear their $11k option.  The rep for Borresen is hitting all the shows/events over the next several months in the US. Oh, and by the way, I loved the X1 so much I bought the first pair that will ship to me in early March!

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xwoots

@audiocanada   I am under the impression that the X series Borresen's are designed in Denmark, but are also made in China.

at AXPONA i stopped into the borresen room on the main level and the gentleman was talking.  popped in several minutes later and still talking.  kind of like going to a movie and hearing a description of it instead of seeing it.  

the X1 room was good but i noticed a bit of image wander and shift.  i wanted to hear the X2 in the hall but the room steward was rigid in his time table.  

the x3 room was overly loud and ear peircing.  the room runner was not flexible about music and the sound was harsh.  he was playing the role of rave DJ.  

these speakers seemed to deserve better representation.  

Currently Borresen is the flavor of the month/year etc. Listened to the X3 3 different times last year at Axpona 2023 with mixed but generally positive results. Have they made subtle changes? Was the Axpona 2023 X3 a prototype? Were the X1/X2 production models at Axpona 2024? I do believe the X3 is now $13k X2 $8.8k and the X1 $5.5k without stands. Have NOT heard the X1 or X2 but all 3 models appear to offer value but my point is the X3 at $13k is NOT the "end all be all" loudspeaker near its price point.

Avanti1960  good set up and speakers but bad demo guy will operating the system will ruin everything.Sad but true.

avanti1960

the X1 room was good but i noticed a bit of image wander and shift.  i wanted to hear the X2 in the hall but the room steward was rigid in his time table.  

the x3 room was overly loud and ear piercing.  the room runner was not flexible about music and the sound was harsh. 

You can hear them all in this video. They all are great. 

And my system for fun. Please enjoy.  Alex/WTA