The Music Room

With all the talk about PayPal and the IRS, I'm considering other ways to sell my unused gear. I've been thinking about The Music Room. I have the system I want and have no need for trade ins. Has anyone else sold items to The Music Room? How was your experience? Did they give you a decent price for your gear (I understand they need to make a profit too). I just don't want any complications come tax season next year...

mewsickbuff

Great company, I have dealt with them on buying and selling equipment. Super smooth transactions each time. 

I've bought NEW from TMR and they are a good company especially if you are in the market for used gear. I have some gear to sell but with them charging a 35% consignment fee there is no way I will sell that low. To each his own, I guess.

TMR is a dealer for a number of premium brands. Anyone ever bought new and gotten a discount from them?

TMR is a class A outfit that would offer you a fair price for selling a used car to a used car dealer....don't go in expecting to get anywhere close to what you want for the sale from an ad.  I have gotten quotes from them and Paragon and they were more fair.

Since your concern is the IRS, I will also comment on that.  My understanding has been that as long as we use F&F or Zelle then we are immune to getting a 1099.  This is how I have operated the past couple years with several transactions buying and selling.