The Music Room

With all the talk about PayPal and the IRS, I'm considering other ways to sell my unused gear. I've been thinking about The Music Room. I have the system I want and have no need for trade ins. Has anyone else sold items to The Music Room? How was your experience? Did they give you a decent price for your gear (I understand they need to make a profit too). I just don't want any complications come tax season next year...

mewsickbuff

Unused gear…funny..  I usually buy my unused gear from a dealer.  I buy the gear with after tax money.

I've bought from and sold to TMR in last few years. They have always been wonderful and efficient to deal with. As has been said, no hassle and no time wasted. I could have sold my old speakers (PSB Imagine T2's) for more and possibly my Bel Canto 500m monoblocs, but I would never know how long it would take, what the buyer would need or do, and even what my own shipping costs would be. TMR has their own deal with FedEx. TMR worked well for me.   The stuff I bought from them was packed very well, received quickly, and worked perfectly out of the box with no issues to date.

Very pleased with my transaction with them.  I sold them my Rogue Sphinx V3 and bought a used Denafrips Terminator II. Very friendly to deal with and I felt the prices on both sides of the transaction were fair.

They offer rather low on gear you want to sell. I sell on my own. 

I have bought a few things from them and returned 1 of them. That was useful since I hated the component.