The Music Room

With all the talk about PayPal and the IRS, I'm considering other ways to sell my unused gear. I've been thinking about The Music Room. I have the system I want and have no need for trade ins. Has anyone else sold items to The Music Room? How was your experience? Did they give you a decent price for your gear (I understand they need to make a profit too). I just don't want any complications come tax season next year...

mewsickbuff

I've sold quite few pieces through TMR and have been perfectly satisfied. One option they offer is consignment sale - it can be worthwhile if if you're in no hurry for your cash.

An amp I was looking at had been sold and returned 5 or 6 times according to hifishark, listed as one owner, but the unit's seen more shake than dolly partons bra. 

I sold them some 20+year-old stuff (Meridian and Classe). The process was very easy - they send you a FedEx label and all you have to do is pack it up safely. I was very happy with the process.

I thought the prices they offered were fair. Yes, you will be offered a wholesale price and you will certainly make more selling it on your own.

You are giving up some profit in exchange for not going through the hassle of selling. What is that worth to you? I can save money by mowing my own lawn, but I pay someone else to do it because I have better things to do with my time.

Unused gear…funny..  I usually buy my unused gear from a dealer.  I buy the gear with after tax money.