Are You a Swifty?

I am. I think she's great.

And You?

128x128jjbeason14

As Paul Simon once wrote “ever generation throws their hero up the pop chart”

and Billy Joel says “ and so it goes”

All I know is she’ll never sing like Whitney or Aretha. But then again no one can!

Huge numbers  of people love her and I think that's just fine. I do not happen to be one of them. She is clearly a talented songwriter-- I have several of her records -- but what she mostly writes about -- her social life -- isn't very interesting to me. She's more entertainer than artist-- but if you want to grant her the latter then I would hope that her interests eventually goes beyond creating well-crafted songs about boyfriends, breakups, and the trials and tribulations of being rich and famous-- it just bores given the many many other female pop-artists out there that explore more interesting veins of introspection and what's going on in our times besides who you're dating. She seems pretty cool in all other regards and I wish her continued success.

Not really, at least for me. I heard Evermore was good so I picked that up. Also 1987, and the other folky one -- Folklore. They all good, but it doesn’t really speak to me-- and I’m not really into the whole Easter Egg kind of fan thing that’s a big part of her appeal from what I’ve read. My tates do run all over the place.

You can check out my record collection here on Discogs. Don’t have everything curated yet, but this is about three quarters worth. I’ve got multiple copies of many releases. Nothings for sale, but you’ll probably see why it would be natural for me to give Taylor Swift a try. Not ruling out buying future releases from her either.

Wes's Discogs collection

More to discover