Are You a Swifty?

I am. I think she's great.

And You?

128x128jjbeason14

Never heard any of her music...that I know of. Having said that, I don't dislike her, just not interested.

Oh, I thought she just a politician. Maybe that's all she is in the final analysis of her "talent."

As Paul Simon once wrote “ever generation throws their hero up the pop chart”

and Billy Joel says “ and so it goes”

All I know is she’ll never sing like Whitney or Aretha. But then again no one can!

Huge numbers  of people love her and I think that's just fine. I do not happen to be one of them. She is clearly a talented songwriter-- I have several of her records -- but what she mostly writes about -- her social life -- isn't very interesting to me. She's more entertainer than artist-- but if you want to grant her the latter then I would hope that her interests eventually goes beyond creating well-crafted songs about boyfriends, breakups, and the trials and tribulations of being rich and famous-- it just bores given the many many other female pop-artists out there that explore more interesting veins of introspection and what's going on in our times besides who you're dating. She seems pretty cool in all other regards and I wish her continued success.

More to discover