Digital newbie

Hi all,

Could someone give me the 101 of digital today? I’m back in the hobby after a decade-ish hiatus and would like the basics of streamers v network transports v network players, etc and how Tidal/Qobuz/Roon play into it.  I've been on Aurender's and Lumin's website and I think I get the gist but wanted some clarificiation.  If there’s a specific thread for newbies like me, could you point me that way? Thanks!

cjlundberg

Streaming totally change my life!!!  I was on the fence a few years ago and bought a Bluesound Vault 2i.   In the past 5 years I discovered more great music than in 50 years !   I still play vinyl and rarely a CD ,  but most of what I listen to is streamed 

What are the other components in your system ?   Knowing that will hopefully yield good suggestions on what price point is a good compliment 

PCs can sound good, it's the fan noise that irritated me.     Qobuz is doing a free 30 day trial.  Good way to get your feet wet.   I use Qobuz across all of my devices, Tablet, phone, PC,  Vault, Aurender.    

I use it in my van through my phone...   Best money I spend on entertainment 

Here's a good primer 

https://pmamagazine.org/understanding-music-streaming-a-guide-for-beginners/