Turntable prices. Is my mind going?

Stereophiles Recommended components offerings at $300,000 Plus!  And weights of many hundreds of pounds? Is quality now by the pound? Audiphools exist- just like Saquatch.

ptss

Just like digital if  you truly want reference quality count o at least $10k to start that’s about the average 

If one has the wherewithal to drop major $s' into their pursuit....fine.

Their $s' help push the SOTA further along....I'd hope, in any case.

If they can make a buck out of it, good....but it'd be nice if the tech involved would eventually filter down to us grunts....which has happened previously....

Look at the specs of '50's ~ '70's equipment of Then v. Now, and keep in mind the 'relative costs' adjustments.

Even some 'lo-fi' items are better overall....certainly smaller & lighter.... *G*

If somebody informed an individual they are now able to look at properties worth $5M they would be quite excited about such a prospect of the Homelife Environment they could select up to that outlay. Not all will max out on the allowed for budget

There are some who learn a $1/4M vehicle is an option for a means of Transport, not all will make the purchase.

In relation to a Hobby, the idea of spending a substantial sum on a means to be entertained, seems ludicrous to many, a TT costing $200K - $400K does look excessive. There are home entertainment rooms now being produced or swimming pools that cost 2-3 x the above TT costing and is merely a different means to a form of entertainment. Funny how these slip under the Radar without a raised eyebrow, $1M to invite a few friends over for a Movie Night or Pool Party.

When certain types of individual want to amuse themselves and additionally impress, there is not an easily identifiable Threshold to be seen on the spending , the purse strings seemingly become very loose.

Reminds me of the old, "What's the difference between a $2 dollar cigar and a $10 cigar?"  Answer:  $8 dollars.