Overkill for small room

Hello all - long time lurker, first time poster. I've enjoyed reading so many of these posts, and I feel like I'm learning so much from you guys. Thank you for that.

I am strongly considering a pair of Dynaudio 20i - I am aware they require serious amplification - but I suspect that they'll be too much for a small room

Room specs: (11 wide by 14 long, normal ceiling height with acoustical tile, carpet tile covering one entire wall, wall-to-wall carpet on top of cement slab, no basement).

Am I nuts? 

Thank you in advance.

letshearit

Those Dyns are typically demoed with Primaluna integrated, which are a great match. But if you’re new to all this, might be a good idea to keep things simple and stay away from tubes, which can become another rabbit hole. The main issue with most Dyns is that they require high current. So look at integrated ams that double, 100 into 8 ohms, 200 into 4 and so on.

Based on advice from you and others, I’ve been paying attention to the WPC specs as impedance gets halved. 

I’m going to stick with SS for now. As with any complex subject, the more you explore the more you realize how much you don’t know. So many rabbit holes. Seems the rabbit holes have their own rabbit holes!

I have/had a small budget and so far I found the best combination: tube preamp, SS amp. If you are open to used, you can put together a great pair for under $1000.