The time has come and I request advice...

To my fellow audiophiles the time has come and I am going to attempt to improve my digital source in one audio system I have, Currently running a Bluesound Node X into Denafrips Pontus 12th Anniversary and it sounds great but i am ready and willing to update the streamer. Looking for a dedicated streamer that will play Tidal or Qobuz. Might be interested in going the Roon route. Budget is about $2500. Right now the Lumin U2 mini and Aurender seem to be at the top of recommendations. Looking for advice from those who have used the streamer they recommend.

I listen to Jazz, Blues and instrument music mostly...also going to add a turntable to my other audio system and will post another question...

128x1282psyop

@jbuhl

An important Roon feature that I don’t think was mentioned is its organizational capability allowing for seamless integration of your Qobuz and/or Tidal favorites with your own ripped and/or downloaded material maintained locally. I don’t know of another app that provides for this level of album integration by artist. This is why I originally got Roon. But for me it’s the already mentioned music discovery piece that truly makes Roon great. Roon helps bring me closer to the music and is why I am an unapologetic Roonaholic. For me the ride is very much worth the fare.

If I were going to spend 2500, I would spend it on the DAC over the streamer.

Roon was already acquired by the largest audio brand out there, Harmon, which itself is owned by Samsung. We can speculate on why, of course, but the idea that the future of one company (eg, Innuos) is somehow more certain seems naive. We don't know about the future of either. But I would bet on Roon as part of Harmon.

+1 Airender. Great build, form factor, sound, integrates perfectly with Qobuz and love Conductor app on a tablet.