Eric Carmen

A Ohio Boy , who died at 74. You all know him, what else can one say!!!!! RIP

oberlin

my condolences to his family. the rasberries were pretty great and "let's pretend" and "go all the way" are power pop classics. that said, he stuck in more chords per stanza than anyone i've ever heard and (especially considering my muscial ineptitude) i found his songs almost impossible to play.

@loomisjohnson: For a song in which the chords fly by at a brisk pace, give "This Whole World" by Brian Wilson a listen. It's found on The Beach Boys Sunflower album, and is exhilarating!

The wife and I are streaming all his hits now in honor of his life. Since we need be somewhere in about 30 minutes, it will be perfect timing.  All kidding aside, We are singing along.  I love Rachmaninov’s Piano Concerto No.2 and every time I hear it, I sing along...

RIP Eric C

And Celine Dion took ALL BY MYSELF into a totally different level...  Hope she is recovering... 

@bdp24 i just checked out "this whole world" and the chords do fly by, but there's only 7 or so different ones--"let's pretend" has something like 20. "if i fell" by the beatles (13 chords) is another one that changes in a flash. i personally struggle with more than 3.