Dog pissed on speaker

Any suggestions for how to remove dog piss from speaker, including on paper cone? Klipsch Heresy IV. It still has faint smell, and if I can still smell it must be strong to the dog. Dog has stopped peeing there but I’m still concerned he might again, driven by the smell. And if I get rid of the speakers, who would buy it?

miltonpyron

A hot dogging is a process in which you cut a dog in pieces and you run him through a grinder and you stuff him and you bbq him. You did fail to do your due diligence.

You probably stumbled onto the next big thing in speaker improvement. It certainly can't be any worse than green cd pens or expensive USB cables or ethernet cables.

The best way to detect whether all urine residual is no longer present is to first smell, as you have been doing and then run your tongue over the Speaker Cone and surrounding Cabinetry.

If you feel confident there is a taste then I would take this as an surety that the dog might be due a return boundary marking exercise.

It looks like the dog is looking to be Alpha and possess the items the Alpha shows interests in.

Be aware with this developing the dog might just confront you aggressively if you attempt to use their newly possessed Audio System.  

You could order a new cone for your speaker directly from Klipsch. They’re not that expensive - maybe $150 max if I had to guess. If it got on the grille, just spray some Pooph on that and the smell will be gone.

Just be glad it wasn’t cat piss. You’d need a priest to get that smell out.

I feel for you - my cat’s been on a pissing spree lately (turns out bladder stones were the root cause). Fortunately when he pissed outside his box it was only on hardwood floors and not carpet. We’d have had to move otherwise.

Some of the other suggestions above are golden though (see what I did there?)!

@dekay Liked your vid, but not practical for indoors unless it can be resized down.

Our f/m dog had to be put down awhile ago, but she was never an issue, as was the m who preceded her long before.

Fortunately our 2 felines, up to now, haven't shown an interest in clawing the drivers....given an automatic cat box and plenty of acceptable scratching options.

Rethinking the TDS (Truck Defense System), scaling it up to a pressure washer with a tracking ap would be even more effective.

Blasting the punk off his bike with a shot to the face would make for a permanent impression; a 110db 1 second 'shriek' might allow one to find him still on the pavement wondering wtf just happened.

Warning signs and an override, of course...*G*