You don't lack bass, you have too much treble

One of the biggest surprises in audio and acoustics is how damping a room with treatments makes small speakers sound so much bigger.  Yes, you get a broader, deeper soundstage but you also seem to get a lot more bass, more power, more extension!!

What's going on? 

What happened is your room was too bright.  The overall balance was too heavy on the mid and treble so as a result your systems balance was off.

For this reason I often suggest before A'goners start chasing bigger and bigger speakers, that  they think about the room first, add damping and diffusion and then go back to thinking about the bass.

Not saying you don't need a bigger speaker, but that some rooms may never have a big enough speaker in them due to the natural reflective properties.

erik_squires

Better components ad infinitum will not beat a dedicated once for all acoustic room...

No speakers beat their room said some anonymus acoustician i forgot the name ...

It is incredible that so many people vouch for better gear design always, costlier upgrade, never for acoustics understanding and improvement perceived at most as secondary ...

Even miraculous Dr Choueiri filters can correct all stereo system which are all of them defective because of crosstalk, unbeknownst to most audiophiles,  but even dr. Choueiri need for the best optimized results a dedicated acoustic room and inner ears measures and HRTF tracking ... Psychoacoustics rule audio not mere gear design price...

Then asking for changing good speakers for costlier one is preposterous more than half the time and absolutely not comparable to acoustics improvement which can be and must be made ideally for the chosen speakers properties and type ...

I am not so sure I agree with the premise of the OP. entirely. No doubt the room is hugely important and intelligent use of treatments is paramount, but I dont hear room problems in terms of balance. Mids and highs do nothing to add to or detract from bass. 

You can modify the balance between frequencies by room modification easily ... I did it with a grid of tuned resonators...

And room acoustic is way more complex than buying a few panels ...