Denafrips Terminator 2 bs. ?

should read vs. not bs. TYPO   I can’t seem to be able to edit the title.  Sorry 

I am strongly, considering the terminator to 12th anniversary.
I did some research Red reviews, and a friend of mine actually has the plus which he loves my system consist of a Parasound halo amp and preamp all Morrow series 6 cables, and PBN speakers

for $5000. Do you think there is anything I should strongly consider without making this an impossible task

they currently have a Gustard X 26 pro which I will be replacing

bobbyloans

Buy a used Terminator plus like your friend has instead of a new (standard) Terminator 12th.  They are about the same price and a much better value.

I like the idea of the plus.  Hard to find the newer version 12th anniversary 

thanks for the input.  

There are a thousand dacs out there. No matter what you buy, you will always think maybe you should have bought something else. Buy the best you can responsibly afford and listen to music. 

The Terminator 12 is night and day better I sold the Gustard the terminator 

12 is a bit better then the2, for an extra $2k maybe less as a demo 

and beats the terminator plus12 th and Holo may KTE 

As a whole is the Very well reviewed T+A 200 dac that as a demo can be had for $6200 and has a Ton of technologies built in and a very good stand alone preamp 

if you wanted one ,not a cheap digital preamp, and has HQ player built in as a power option if you wanted to use it ,the program I think around $215 

an Excellent example of solid German engineering ,and Galvanically isolated on every level , read several reviews ,then look to find a dealer to demo it .

itsnot over 40 lbs likely terminator , it’s only 15 lbs. it replaces technologies over old style brawn,and sounds great doing it. It can go toe to toe with Any dac upto $15 k .

thst is the truth,in our multi state audio get together I have heard very good comparisons at the same 1-2 days   From Lampizator ,golden gate, chord Dave,

Mola Mola , Bricasti 21SE , and a bunch of others , one dac may be fuller or more razor sharp in detail ,but as a whole theT+A very good and a keeper to 90% to owners who have one .