Fraudulent Retail Websites

I am posting this in a few forums to boost awareness.

Thought I would share with you guys there are at least two fraudulent retail websites peddling high end gear at ridiculous prices.  Unfortunately, one of my customers actually tried to buy something from them and is dealing with the replacement of his credit cards, etc...  These are scams that fit the formula outline here.  

Don't Fall For Fake Shopping Websites - What To Know (malwaretips.com)

Remember folks, if a deal seems to good to be true, it probably is.  They seem to be scraping the web for any audio product they can find.  Here are the two I have found so far.  I am intentionally not linking to them since it is Fraud.  

AlienAcademy.shop

TheAudioTailor.shop

128x128verdantaudio

Not all that bold.  The scumbag has literally lifted all of the info from my website and not reviewed it or changed even slightly.  I distribute several of these brands and the language in the text is the same.  

It is so egregious that Verdant brand speakers are offered on their site.  Obviously I manufacturer those and don’t sell to them.  I have checked with other manufacturers and the site was brought to my attention by a distributor who is angry about it.  

verdantaudio

It is so egregious that Verdant brand speakers are offered on their site. Obviously I manufacturer those and don’t sell to them.

Could it be gray market goods? I agree the site looks sketchy, but that’s not necessarily egregious or fraudulent.

For the domestic retailer, it is not grey market for my products.  Best case, the domestic site is a very poor bait and switch as I am certain they can’t get a large chunk of their product offerings.  And most of the retails they are posting are below cost. 

The international site is mimicking a legitimate retailer out of Australia.  They have taken that retailers name and implied they are them.  They are not and commit credit card fraud within minutes of a customer of mine attempting to buy from them.  He was paying attention and on guard so his cards were cancelled immediately.  This is certainly fraud.   

verdantaudio

For the domestic retailer, it is not grey market for my products.

How do you know it’s not obtaining your products outside official channels?

Have you contacted the dealer? (Its address is on the website.)