A $250 Power Conditioner?

Howard reviews the Puron, which is a small AC power conditioner ($250 USD) "plug" that is distributed by Vera-Fi Audio. It’s said to cleanse the electronic circuit that feeds and audio system. Many tweaks cost a pretty penny for little or no performance increase. Is that the case here?

128x128russter

I will say this as someone who only uses a single puron

It does make music sound more real. You would have to hear it for yourself. I have very expensive electronics. Im very fond of my stealth audio and nordost cabling though-out and i love my synergystic  power conditioner but none of them ever made certain songs sound so realistic.
It could be the culmination of everything though. I cant just say it was the puron thats not fair to my other components 

my only complaint, which is a rather large one, is that some songs sound too aggressive/ bright with the puron vs when i take it out that tension seems to go away. But like i said its not for all tracks and my wife hasnt noticed (but im very sensitive to it)

the cool thing about the puron, its VERY noticeable in effect. Something unbelievable for only $250

this is not something where you have to say.. hmm well i think its doing something? You dont have to a/b it, the effect isnt subtle 

thats why i like it but its not a true power conditioner in the sense it will do anything to actually filter your ac…. Which is a good thing because like i said earlier thats a very expensive endevour and most products that try to do so struggle and this includes both the p20 and also the entire line from stromtank which can be in the tens of thousands of dollars for some models

from what I understand this actually tries to override noise with more pleasant noise (some noise sounds good to the human ears) which is possibly why the guy with 8 of these is getting high noise readings

finally to touch back on the brightness topic. Im not being completely fair to rhe puron. Its just one piece of a larger system. Im due for a dac upgrade. I think the mola mola tambaqui will help smooth out the sound and give me what i want.

Also i have been using a generic ethernet cable for streaming. Im sure when my new cable comes things will improve even more

@jayctoy, @soix 

I am planning to get another one and check out for myself.

@questforhifi 

I am trying to understand what you mention. If Puron adds it’s own noise, how come more details are revealed, sound stage seem to expand in all directions, there is an increased holography and music in general seems dynamic. Something else is going on here. Not sure what it is though.

Questforhifi the brightness I suspect it coming  from Nordost cables , if you put Puron the Puron will give more energy to the instruments and voices? The tensions you are referring is the energy ? My friend experienced i brightness as well to his system.He replace one of his cable to match, He is now happy. Milpai is right .

@questforhifi , I do not notice any "brightness" that is not on the recording itself.  I understand that it seems to go away when you remove the Puron, but all I can tell you is that I have not noticed anything like that in my system and 2 of them have been in my system for a couple of weeks now.  I am still a happy camper with them and while I wouldn't say that it is a "blow me away" improvement, it is a noticeable improvement for tiny comparative money.