Borresen Loudspeakers

Had the opportunity to attend the launch event of the Borresen X1 loudspeakers last night in Chicago @nextlevelhifi ​​​​​with @jays_audio_lab. From their M6 at $550k per pair all the way down to the newly launched X1 speakers last night at $5500 your ears will smile. Amazing what a 4.5” driver can do. If you are in the market for any price range speaker about $5,000 and up you have to hear these. Imaging is 3 dimensional, larger than life soundstage and just absolutely stunning performance with a look that will fit any room. This manufacturer out of Denmark really gets it and I don’t care what price point you are looking at these speakers will out perform speakers double the price.  If you are buying speakers up to $25k you have to hear their $11k option.  The rep for Borresen is hitting all the shows/events over the next several months in the US. Oh, and by the way, I loved the X1 so much I bought the first pair that will ship to me in early March!

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xwoots

You don't actually describe what you lied about them to whatever you won today so while congrats on you buying something, the info provided does not make me want to go out of my way to have a listen.

Borresen is being hyped up right now on YouTube by Jay. I won’t be surprised if he becomes a dealer. It’s the new shiny thing.

Narrow cabinets, small drivers, low range down to 40hz, $11,000….and they outperform speakers selling for $25,000? I call 🐂 💩 

To the OP, I didn’t realize you bought a pair as I would have kept my view on stand mount speakers to myself.  Good luck with them, hope it works out for you.  

@roxy54 The X1 can be used as a bookshelf speaker. I will be placing mine on a credenza. Will be used in my office and I do have a REL T9X if necessary. 

@stereo5  I appreciate your opinion and thanks for sharing.  Maybe I wasn’t clear. The X1, which was just launched yesterday, is a 2 speaker enclosure.  Not sure if you go to any of the shows or not (I don’t) but you may want to give them a listen. At $5500 a pair they sound much better to a that price.  Anyway, thanks again for your post.