Speakers to pair with Quicksilver mid mono

Preface: I know virtually nothing about high end audio. My step dad passed away a couple years ago and he had counterpoint preamp, amp and Klipsch corner horn speakers. After he passed, the amp broke and my local audio store (Fred’s Sound of Music in Portland) recommended a pair of quicksilver mid monos to replace the counterpoint. So I purchased those for my mom to continue using the system.  She no longer can use the system, so it’s now mine  

I’m now selling the corner horns because I don’t have the space for speakers that large. 

I’m looking for good speakers to pair with the counterpoint pre amp and the QS mid monos. 

I understand that the tubes inform what speakers pair best. The tubes on these are Tesla E 34 L  513 and the small ones E88cc

from reading other posts, here are some answers:

It will be setup in a large  great room with the speakers up higher, about 7’ off the ground with 14’ ceilings. 

I mostly listen to 60s/70s and mostly Grateful Dead. 

I really liked the sound of the corner horns. My parents listened to mostly jazz. 

Max budget is $2,000 for a pair but I’d prefer to spend significantly less.  I have no preference on new or used.

forgive my ignorance. I’m trying to learn as much as I can.  

thank you!

zalick

I’m confused. Great room, 14’ ceiling, why not use the existing ones???

What model are the existing ones? If you do not know, search the internet 'klipsch speakers', find out what they are that way.

Those amps, EL-34, what specific amp are they in. You want very efficient speakers (high sensitivity ___ db 1 watt/1 meter to drive them in a large space with tube amps. Typically horn speakers are used as they are the most efficient, thus easy to achieve large volume levels with tube amps.

Less efficient speakers, you will probably want to change to a SS solid state amp, or a hybrid, part tube/ss power stage.

Why are the speakers going to be 7 feet off the floor?  Seems to add some wrinkle to the equation...

Mid monos are nice amps. The height off the floor is very odd. I'm down with the suggestions here.

There's a FB group for Quicksilver with nice people. You might poke them, too.

Mid Monos are great amps. I've used mine with Heresy II, III , Forte IV , also some low efficiency speakers.    All with great results.