New Project RS2T transport

I have had one already and sent it back, did not work at all upon receipt. Dealing with the Music Room though is a pleasure. Will always do business with them. Had unit replaced with a new one, just arrived Yesterday, Sunday afternoon 7-25-22. Hooked it up and SAID WOW!!! I have a Meitner MA-1 DAC and the synergy is Fabulous. Right out of the box it sounded, GREAT. So very OPEN. I have been blessed when upgrading several pieces to be totally surprised by the improvements. VERY Audible!

I am somewhat concerned though as there have been a great deal of posts about quality control issues. (see first sentence)  As I said unit sounds GREAT, very impressed. HOWEVER, if anyone can comment that owns one, I noticed when placing the little magnetic puck on the disc that it just sits atop the center spindle and does not contact disc. The magnetic puck has a female center on the underside that goes over a very small  male metal protrusion. (SPINDLE)   I would think that it should go over that spindle totally and meet the disc firmly. (no space between disc and puck??? When I place puck on top of CD, It appears that the machining on the underside of the hole should be a MM wider so it doesn't sit atop the spindle and drops down totally on the disc. Hope this makes sense. Thanks Robert TN    Ps would like to thank Charles1 DAD  for encouraging me to stick with transport. It is that GOOD!!!   Just wondering if they all are designed to do what I am experiencing?

robshaw

@astronomer63 

I've lost power several times this year with my RS2-T always being in standby mode. It now seems the best approach under these circumstances is to just leave the unit on. When I first encountered an outage with the unit in standby, I would switch it off awaiting power restoration. Is that the way you handled the situation?  That was when I had problems powering up. The last few outages I leave it alone and when power returns the unit is on awaiting a disc to load. I then return it to stand by and this has worked I believe 3 times now. I've never had a problem coming out of standby to on.

With the 2 units I have had I never experienced random skipping that then shuts the unit down. 

You paid for a perfect working unit and should be permitted to exchange for just such a player.

LP

Just saw this thread, and wanted to contribute some definite solutions…

First, I must say from the outset that this is the best sounding CD "player" I’ve ever had (and that includes some serious devices like the Naim CDS3 and Micromega T-Drive/T-DAC in the 90’s).

But there are issues :

1) Can’t read a great number of discs (especially CDr). Defective clamp?

This was really frustrating, as I own a lot of these. The puck just doesn’t sit properly on the CD, Meaning that there maybe a variation in the thickness of the discs.

A fixed this by adding 3 layers of self adhesive tape at the bottom of the puck. Thickness may vary, but it now works with 100% of discs.

This is temporary solution, but it’s fine until I tidy it up :-)

2) Screen Flashing

This was corrected with a firmware update that can only be done by a trained technician. Pity the upgrade didn’t replace the terrible clip art graphics :-/

3) Top lid is difficult to handle.

You really need a 3rd hand, when you are trying to place the disc.
This was fixed by attaching a very light self-adhesive rubber piece on one side. It is now easy to raise the lid with one finger..

If anyone experiences the unit not playing check the door’s micro switch. Mine wasn’t making good contact and wouldn’t turn on. So I bent the switch tab up higher so it hit the door better. Now it’s working fine.

my remote just died! Anyone have any suggestions?

I changed the batteries. I replaced the IR LED but no luck.

i checked behind the front panel by the receiver LED didn’t see anything wrong.

Anyone have any suggestions??

Bob7296       Thanks for the update. I was the one that initially started all this.

I couldn't agree more, it is the best I've ever heard, and not just for the money!   I'm on my third one,  from the music room. They were great to deal with, and checked my third one before they shipped it. So far so good. My puck had a small burr on the inside. I removed it an its been just fine.

I actually hope they (project) work out the bugs and start shipping NEW ONES that have been future proofed. They have a gold mine, and don't know it!!!!!