Vandersteen Treo vs 3A Sig as upgrade

I had my local dealer hook up a pair of Treos to demo them and left with a very mixed impression. I like the overall sound. They have a smoother, more refined and sophisticated midrange that the 3A Sigs can't match. I want that. But the bass was less defined and the top end was bright. The sibilance was very exaggerated - this was with CD. Is this the character of the Treo? Thanks!
wlutke
Zd542 -

I have owned the 3A's since 1995 and had them upgraded to Sigs couple of years ago. I'd say I'm pretty familiar with them. I'm asking about the Treo having a hot top end resulting in exaggerated sibilance. It was very apparent in the demo. And somewhat boomy bass as well.
I have no idea that you already own them. Your post makes it sound like you had them side by side. Since you didn't, my first post applies anyway.

"I'm assuming that you heard both speakers in the exact same room with the exact same system, and the back tilt was properly set. Neither speaker should sound rolled off on top."

If you want an answer that you can use, anyone that sees this post will ask you to list your entire system and some general info on your listening room, as well as the dealers system and his room.
((will ask you to list your entire system and some general info on your listening room, as well as the dealers system and his room.))

Were there any speakers other than Treo's in the listening room in the dealers showroom.?

Were the dealers electronics similar to yours??
What was the warm up time of the gear?
Cheers JohnnyR
I'm asking about the character of the Treo from folks with experience. What are the Treos like and is it fair to say that they are hot on top? Loose on the bottom? Simple questions No need to second guess or read between the lines or "fix my system" over the internet, like that's even possible without an audition in my room with my gear. Please tell me about the Treos, if you can. Thanks.
"No need to second guess or read between the lines or "fix my system" over the internet, like that's even possible without an audition in my room with my gear. Please tell me about the Treos, if you can. Thanks."

John from Audio Connection is considered to be the best Vandersteen person there is, aside from Vandersteen himself. He can give you better advice over the internet than most dealers can do in their stores. I won't tell you what to do, but I think you should at least listen to what he has to say.