What to do with a large collection

I have thousands of CDs and records and am looking to get rid of most of them. i can’t possibly listen to them in my remaining years and my wife doesn’t need them. CDs, it turns out, are not very viable these days, and if you want to sell them to a dealer you can only get store credit!! And, if as in my case, the collection is 90% classical, it seems they will be impossible to unload. Since CDs are antiques these days, I can’t imagine ANYONE who would want them. The only alternative I can see is the garbage. When you consider just how much of an investment they were it’s indeed a sobering realization.
Records are indeed “in,” but how desirable are classical LP’s?

Any suggestions?

128x128rvpiano

@rvpiano 

Unfortunately CD’s don’t seem to be worth much at this point in time. Just a couple of years ago, I stopped by a garage sale on a fluke and ended up buying just under 1200 CD’s for $150.  I kept about 90 to fill in some blanks in my collection and then gave the rest to a buddy who took them to a huge Flea Market. He sold something like 125 of them out of about 1100!  On his way home, he dropped the rest off at Saint Vincent’s thrift shop and he was nice enough to give me the receipt for my taxes.😁

All the best.

I sold my CD collection on Craigslist. I got $100 from a guy that I’m pretty sure was planning to sell them on ebay or flea market.

Vinyl I have no idea but seems to be in more demand.  Also, anyone buying vinyl from you can be sure it was well taken care off which is a plus.

best of luck,

Jerry

I still collect classical CDs and LPs. I find there gaps in my collection with regards to certain composers and conductors. Please contact me directly so that I can find out more about your collection.

I am not in to streaming. I still find something very special putting an LP, cleaning it with Mark Hunt brush, and then placing the cartridge on it (LOL). Even with ticks and pops, I give me goose bumps. My son is developing some interest in classical music. I want to hammer the iron while it is still hot and before he lose interest and god forbid go on to Rap music (LOL). I am hoping he will keep my jazz and classical collection.

Thanks to all who have provided suggestions.  
I have to decide if I want to sell in bulk or individually.  It seems a shame to have forked over so much money and wind up with nothing.
Declutter might work out for me if I have the patience to scroll thousands of bar codes.
If I want to recoup some of my investment I’ll have to do the work and list discs individually on eBay or Amazon. Maybe I’ll start with the records.
I’m not yet certain how I’m going to go about disposing of everything