Any normal size speakers that sound like Volti

I've had these early prototype Volti speakers I bought from Greg  8-10 years ago, but I  am set up in the living room with these large speakers . Family and friends always complain about the size, and I just ignore them.  Lately, my wife who agreed to the purchase has been grumbling about their size. 

I've been considering going to a more normal sized speaker, but want to keep most of Volti horn sound. I drag in my Joseph Audio RM25xl speakers and after a few days, I  drag the Volti's back in.

Using Atma-Sphere D amps and Mp3 preamp. Bricasti dac and Elrod cables. I stuck an old picture in systems so you get the idea of the scale. I will get new pictures later and finish system. 

I know it's unlikely, but maybe one of you can think of something. 

acman3

When it comes to WAF, wives differ. Some are flexible, others very particular about the room furnishings. Maybe place 4 other small boxes into room then ask wife if ok. 

You could try one of the speakers made by Duke Lejuene, Not sure I spelled the last name correctly. He is the person responsible for the The Swarm subwoofer system among other things. He is, as am I, a big fan of the Atma-sphere OTLs.

I think they look great in the room. From my perspective, you have room for a much larger pair of speakers. Priorities.

Pi Speakers fly under the radar. Look to be similar in design to Volti for far less money, especially if you can build a pair (they come in kits or built).

I built a pair of 4 Pi speakers with all the upgrades and some mods of my own and they are fabulous. Can easily be driven with an 8W SET. I also built a pair of 2 Pi floor standers. Incredible for the money.

The large 7 and 8 Pi speakers look to be fabulous although I have never heard a pair. A more challenging build.

For those that don’t want to rip wood, their flat-pack enclosure kits are also very reasonably priced. Just glue, clamp and install drivers/crossovers.

Pi Speakers Models

How about Vaughn Cabernett II which sounds very detailed with nice efficiency of 93db/w and go down to 27hz with double 10 inch active woofers.

But It has small footprint thus good WAF.

I have too many speakers including Scean 3.2, Lansche 4.1 and Altec A7.

If you live in Pacific Northwest, I may let you try this speaker at your home.

Thomas