what speaker new or used for 5k?

Looking to upgrade my speakers right now I Have the Vienna Acoustics Mosart Grands. Equipment is the Parasound a21 amp p5 pre amp and Marantz sa8001 sacd and two REL t9 subs. Mosaic speaker cable and Interconnects, in a 16 x 20 room with 7ft drop ceilings.
jughead
If congestion is the problem you might like the coherent sound of Vandersteen, but be aware that they are said to be very sensitive to what you feed them, so a change like taht alone would not necessarily signify the of teh changes needed.

It does take time patience and money to try different things until you find just the right one that clicks for you.
I actually think you're on the right path looking for new speakers given the improvements you're looking for. Read the review below, and in the comparison section the Thiels were better in imaging, soundstaging, and midrange detail (albeit at the cost of sounding relatively thin). Point is, when directly compared in the same system it becomes apparent there are speakers that are better than the VAs in precisely those areas you're looking to improve upon -- not that the VA's are bad at all in these areas, just not as strong as some others. I'd expect the speakers I recommended earlier (along with several others listed above) would show similar improvements while avoiding the thinness and relative lack of bass of the Thiels. And I also think your amp and pre are good enough to let those benefits come through (assuming the amp has enough power of course) although I'd eventually look to upgrade them too. Anyway, hope this helps and best of luck whichever way you go.

http://www.soundstagehifi.com/index.php/component/content/article?id=308:%3Cb
Soix, The a21 has more than enough power and them some, I don't think the VA's which to me are a warmer sounding speaker is a good match with the PARASOUND gear. The a21 is a warmer sounding amp to me and I'm not sure I want to let the PARASOUND equipment go. I just need to find a speaker that will match up with it. I'm going to see if my local dealer has some of the new Paradigm's prestige line floorstanders I can borrow threw the weekend.
If I'm not mistaken, didn't you buy new speakers not too long ago? If so, what happened to them?