Prima Luna Vs Accupahse

I am looking to get out of my Arcam SA20 and upgrade soon. I have the opportunity to get a good deal on both a used Prima Luna Evo300 Hybrid and used Accuphase E-280. My main speakers for now are the Focal Aria 936K2 but plan on getting Tannoy’s later. Which one would yall say is the better amp. Thank yoi!

128x128edwinf

Focals and Tannoys are very different sounding speakers, so if you buy an amp now that sounds good with the Focals you may be disappointed with the synergy with the Tannoys.  Upgrade the speakers first if that’s where you’re headed and then work on the amp. 

I'm interested in Turnberry's. Its gonna be a while before I can get those at 10k a pair.

Tubes or SS that's what your really looking at, also 48w-90w but both are fine with either.  

I'd think the Accuphase will be better made and hold its resale value longer. No tubes to replace when they go, as they will.  More features in the E280 as well. Meters!.

I just don't think Prima Luna is at the same level as Accuphase. But if you want tubes its an option, there are better options out there for similar money though IMO of course.

I took me a long time to sell my friends prima Luna preamp and mono blocks when he passed a couple years ago. Resale value is not high for them in my experience.