2-Way Advice: Magico S1,YG Carmal,Diablo Utopia

Guys I've been considering a speaker swap. Have found that I love 2-ways.

I didn't really know this until I started listening to different speakers and kept liking them more, much more than the fulls.

They present a different perspective that I prefer. I don't listen real loud and have a med size 2500 cubic foot room and I much prefer tight and accurate, faster more defined bass and don't need the real deep low stuff. I love how they image and disappear and make the music more alive to me. Listen to Jazz, Acoustic, Blues, mello rock, Indie, some classic, the usual phile stuff..

I have it boiled down to a few and really would love your opinions. Buying used and they are all over the country and just can't listen to all of them. I know listen first is best and would love to if I could. They are all within $500 of each other price wise with shipping to me.

Have you guys heard any of these and what you might think of these??

Magico S1 Black

YG Carmal 1 Silver

Focal Diablo Utopia III - Silver

Sonus Faber Guameri Momento

Langerton Configuration 217

Tannoy DC10A

Ascendo System F (Only non 2-way I'm considering)

Any info or feedback or recommendations would really be appreciated!!!

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xfsmithjack
Hey guys my dealer just called me and told me he just took in a pair of Joseph Audio Perspective speakers. He said they blew him away and thinks they are better than all of the above SF except maybe the Evolution's but has much better bass and more resolution. I never even considered and not sure I am now but I like this dealer and he is an honest and good guy and offered me better deals than all the other people i spoke to and I trust his opinion but would love your opinions. Nothing like making things harder...lol

Thanks
"Aolmrd1241,
Thanks for that... My dealer has made me some great offers on the Sonus Fabers."

I would definitely give a "listen" to each one and go from there. Also,I would not under estimate the Olympica III's...even though they are less expensive than the others on your trade up list. The Olympica's are the lastest design from SF [trickle down]... read some of the steller reviews.
I've never listened to Joseph Audio Perspectives, but the dealer that sold me Aerial 7Ts swears by them. He claims the Perspectives are much better than the 7Ts across the entire audio spectrum. I came very close to selling my speakers, but decided to go in a different direction and upgrade my cables, amp, source, and my last move was adding dual subs. If possible I would listen to every speaker and let my own ears decide.
You're fortunate that your dealer has this variety of speakers. This gives you the ideal opportunity to go and listen to them which is always the best option when available. Take advantage of this.
Yes my dealer is 4 hours away and I only have one day off a week. Not gonna get to hear them all. He says to go with the Eclipse SE or the Perspective. I was leaning toward Evolution before...