Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant

All

there is a sweet Sony ES SCD-1 player w/ VSE mods over on U.S. Audiomart.

Farmington, CT area. I hope this classic finds the next good home.

Happy Listening!

thoft - about drivers. I'll prepare a more detailed list but here's a general arc.

Early (0 series) were all essentially stock drivers with small choices such as dust cap, surround type, etc.

The 1983 CS3 had a customized Vifa woofer. Very interactive development, but stock parts. Through the 80s that process became more and more custom. The 1990 CS2.2 had all custom drivers, co-developed with and made by Vifa.

Early 90s we developed our own capability which was used for rapid prototyping. Vifa made them from parts and technologies we developed. Those Vifa catalog numbers can be bought and/or easily cross-referenced.

Our needs outgrew Vifa's (and anybody else's) willingness to produce our eccentric designs. 1995 onward we began making our own drivers in-house. CS6 woofer was (I think) the first all-thiel designed and manufactured driver. All the coaxes (after the 1990 SCS) were in-house Thiel design and manufacturing.

In the 2000s, some of those in-house coaxes were made by FST / China. Same Thiel design, off-shore source. (SCS, MCS and PowerPoint coaxes). The '.7' star plane and radial wave drivers were designed and prototyped in Lexington, but (as far as I know) all made by FST.

That's the broad-brush overview. I'll compile and follow up with a list if you wish.

jumping back on this thread as an original owner of Amberwood PCSs...they never cease to amaze me and I'm currently running them in a nearfield setup.  

I look forward to hanging out with everyone here :)