anyone else getting phishing popups ?

Anyone else getting popups browsing in this forum? I am posting here in the cables forum because this is the place I have received this phishing popup. I have not seen them in any other forum, or website. 

My AVG stops the popup from happening, but one of my laptops on Malwarebytes does not, and the cable forum webpage becomes a fake McAfee anti virus popup (ironically) which states you are infected "click here" . I have had one before which said I won a prize also in this cable forum. 

Since I cannot post a picture of this screen shot of this fake popup I have a link to the image via dropbox if you are curious to see what this looks like

Please respond if this has also happened to you, as when I reported this to Audiogon admin they state I have been the only one to do so.

Mcafee phishing

128x128mclinnguy

I think I know what you are talking about, but I may be totally off, because this is what I see when browsing Audiogon. The pop-ups you are seeing is advertising. Phishing is generally referred when the site asks you for your Personal details, bank/credit-card information etc. Of late on audiogon, I have been seeing advertisements "drop-down" from the top or "creep-up" from the bottom. And sometimes there is a box in the middle of the screen with a X button to close it (just like on smart phones). I believe this is how Audiogon makes money.

Many other sites also employ these techniques to generate revenue. These are based off the recent search you might have done or some other cookies on your computer.

I don't get any pop ups at all. Try using AdBlock or Ghostery (if you're not already) to see if it helps. I just use their free versions and they work fine.

All the best,
Nonoise

Thanks for the responses. Just to clarify it is not just a popup, or any legitimate advertising, but an actual overtaking of the entire webpage and a redirect to a different one. The Audiogon tab gets removed on my Macbook, and a different one appears. I am no expert, but I believe this is what it is called:

What is a malicious redirect?

A malicious redirect is code inserted into a website with the intent of redirecting the site visitor to another website. Malicious redirects are typically inserted into a website by attackers with the intent of generating advertising impressions. However, some malicious redirections can have more damaging effects. A malicious redirect can exploit vulnerabilities in a site visitor’s computer through web-based scripts to install malware on unprotected machines.