CD Transport

I’m looking for a cd transport (my DAC is the Bricasti M1 S2). I’m considering this 3 options; Audiolab 9000CDT, Primare DD35 and Teac 701T.

Your opinions, please.

Thanks in advance for your help. 

128x128leog2015

There’s a new, in box Esoteric SA-60 for sale on A’gon for $2,698: Esoteric SA-60

Its DAC is now outdated but it would still make for a killer CD transport.

I have an Esoteric DV-50S connecting into a Denafrips Venus II DAC for CD playback. Esoterics are built like tanks.

@leog2015

Out of all the things you listed above I would think the Teac one will be best since Teac and Esoteric make one of the best if not the best disc transports in the world within their price ranges respectively. I know for sure the Esoteric made the absolute best disc (CD & SACD) transports. Teac owns Esoteric and the latter is basically the high end line of former. it’s kinda like Toyota and Lexus with Teac being Toyota and Esoteric being Lexus.

However, like verdantaudio has pointed out above that Bricasti has recently released the M9 CD/SACD transport to match with and to go with your Bricasti M1 S2 DAC. So, that being said the Bricasti disc transport will be your best option for your Bricasti DAC and will yield the best sonic quality for your DAC.

I’ve couldn’t  find any sacd/cd transport in Bricasti’s web page… Do you have any info about this new unit?

@leog2015 yes it's not there yet but we are also a Bricasti dealer and if you would like more info please PM us. We are located 30 minutes from the Bricasti factory.

Steve

(Dealer disclaimer)

I agree with baylinor. I have the Jay's Audio Cdt2 MK2. It's a great top loader. very simple design, dual mono and balanced output.