Time To Upgrade My Digital Front End

Been streaming via a LAN connection (through SFP’s) using my Gustard R26 DAC as a renderer and have been pretty happy with the sound quality, but I think I would like to step things up a little.

Many here mention the likes of Aurender, Auralic, Innous, and a few smaller, boutique companies as well. Most of these are a bit over my budget though.

I have been reading about the TEAC UD 701 DAC/Server/PA here on AG and some other sites and it’s getting decent write ups. I’m finding though that most of those threads on AG don’t have some of the more seasoned member’s opinions on the TEAC. Is it possibly not up to par?

The UD 701 is around $4K, under my budget of $5K. I’m not opposed to purchasing used (I see one on presently on AG) but would really like to have the security the warranty provides.

And I know, separates are preferred which the TEAC is not...

128x128navyachts

Don’t know the TEAC.  I would avoid the Bryston BDP2 or 3.  There is a reason why used units can be had so cheap 

mahler123

... I would avoid the Bryston BDP2 or 3 ...

I think the BDP-3 is a great player, and I like mine much more than the Aurender it replaced. It sounds great and is rock stable. Those who don't care for the interface can use Rigelian

Please don’t anyone take out a mortgage for buying hifi equipment.

Better to save and remember that if you use speakers then the room is the most important thing to get the best out of, the big second are the speakers, a dac should be much further down the line.

Good luck in your search.

The Link is the Spec’s for the TEAC UD 701, the UD model is also a Analogue Pre-Amp. This is something made known as an info I have seen from a user review on the VRDS 701T CDT.

The 701T owner is making it known they are becoming impressed enough to make it known, they are to consider the TEAC DAC to exchange with the DAC in use at present.

https://reviewary.com/teac-ud-701n-review/#measured-performance

@gryphongryph - All round good advice, thanks!

@pindac - thanks for posting this. Long read, but I will definitely try to find some time to get to it!