Does the Audio press ever excite you anymore?

Just wondering if anyone has read any news article lately (please link!) they felt was actually exciting or compelling, even better if it was related to how you listen or a product you were personally interested in.

For myself, I have been much more excited about big flat screen TV's than anything in the audio press for the past couple of years.

erik_squires

I give 'em a 'flip-through' when finding self in a B&N book (remember them?) store....try to convince self it's not as bad as it may seem to the jaundiced eye...;)

It's so much more convenient to browse (some say troll.... IknowWhoUR&whereU*SelfSlap* >circled 'R': no slash <

I needed that....*pardon*

the glowing and/or growling pearls of wizdum wisdom proffered here...in the hauls of AG'on.....

(...which makes this place ripe for a Bored of the Rings v.2 bowshot....;)....)

'All the handles have been turned over to the vandals....'

I get more value out of this site than I do with audio mags.  Members who have problems here don't have the CEOs of the company flying out in their private jets to repo9sition their speakers a quarter inch

@mahler123  +10....

"....where IS that large automobile?!"

Happy to see that Stop Making Sense has been 4K'd and re-released....
Spouse and I got to be at the release of it @ the Castro Theatre in San Francisco all that time ago.  D. Byrne was there, and to this day I'm still at a loss as to how did I get there....;)

As for magazines....I still prefer to get the biased unedited 'reviews' and comments from y'all. 
At minimum, I can ask 'why'....*s*  Asking a 'zine is like shouting into a well;

...if you're lucky, you may get an echo....generally....crickets....

Not excited, no.  After reading somewhere between 500-1000 reviews they all start to sound the same.  AI could probably write them now, they’re so similar.  Waste 200 words on the company history, throw in a ‘sublime’, an ‘aplomb’, and a ‘gobsmacked’, say how your wife or kid immediately noticed something changed in the system (for the better of course), and list a few songs you listened to with it and how it sounded, with no comparison to other equipment, and it’s done…

Not excited, but they do provide good reference info sometimes, at least the specifications/price, etc.  I finally gave up my Stereophile subscription a couple years ago after 20 some years…still have the absolute sound.  The music reviews are the most useful, for me.