KLaudio or Degritter Mark II

Just curious to know if anyone out there has used both the KLaudio ultrasonic record cleaning machine and the Degritter Mark II (or the original Degritter) and which you thought achieved the best or better results.

I've got a lash-up ultrasonic cleaning system that I've put together which costs significantly less than the original Degritter. The end result I get with my lash-up system is, at least, as effective as the original Degritter but significantly more labor intensive. The Degritter is much more eloquent in this regard, which is its allure. I know the KLaudio is twice the price, but I'm much more interested in optimum results.

Thanks!

oldaudiophile

@oldaudiophile

Someone recently asked me to assist them with cleaning lacquer/shellac records, so you pretty much got the same answer.  Otherwise, all for a good cause.

Take care & good luck,

Neil

@antinn in a two-tank protocol employing my present 40kHz US machine and the Elma Sonic P60H, would using a 6L 180W, 132kHz cleaning power, 200W heating power, instead of the P60H achieve better results?

Thanks!

@oldaudiophile

Congrats on your ultrasonic cleaning solution- I believe that ultrasonic is the best way to clean vinyl records.  I was torn between the labor intensive but effective Kirmiss vs the 3x the price Degritter II, decided with the lazy choice as I have many vinyl to clean.

@antinn

Thanks for sharing your expertise.