RIP Jimmy Buffett

A great One! R.I.P.

jafant

I miss Jimmy already, he was so much more than just a man on a stage.  Possibly the warmest and largest personality out there.  His last live performance was in San Diego 5/6/23.  I've already made a playlist from his setlist and I titled it:  Jimmy's Sunset Playlist.  His final setlist is below.  I embellished his encore and added one final song as an homage "Sending the Old Man Home"

1. Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes

2. Fins

3. Pencil Thin Mustache

4. Son of a Son of a Sailor

5. Boat Drinks

6. It's Five O'clock somewhere

7, School Boy Heart

8. Volcano

9. Come Monday

10. Growing Older but Not Up

11. One Particular Harbor

12. Little Martha (Allman Brothers)

13. Cheeseburger in Paradise

14. He Went to Paris

15. Last Mango in Paris

16. A Pirate Looks at Forty

17. Back Where I Come From (Mac McAnally)

18. Margaritaville  

Encore

19. Southern Cross (CSN cover)

19+. Sending the Old Man Home (my personal embellishment & homage)

RIP brother Jimmy

Otis Gibbs has a really good youtube video that just came out on Jimmy by one of his close musician friends from the old days. My best memory of him is Orange Bowl Miami around 1980 with Dave Mason....can’t remember who opened for who but what a great show. RIP Jimmy thanks for all the great timeless music.

RIP Jimmy .....He will always be there for us through his music!

Matt M

Saw Jimmy in San Diego in May. We knew he had health issues, but his voice was strong, he looked great, and he played for almost 2.5 hours. He gave it his all to the very end. After the last song he said he was taking a break to go sailing and that he would resume his tour afterwards. Hard to fathom that he would be gone just a few months later. RIP, you brought joy to a lot of people.