Do CD Transports benefit much from upgraded power cords?

Your experiences?

rockadanny

I believe they do...I had some cords left from downsizing and they did make a difference...how much i can't say, but i kept the cords rather than sell...on a PS Audio Perfectwave and Cambridge CXC...

A well appointed beautiful system like yours can definitely benefit from an upgraded power cord. That’s a very nice CD player, try something like Zavfino FINA OCC PC (14AWG) MKII and report back your findings.

Yes, they do....generally speaking, of course.

I have used many CD players of varying quality over the years.

IN GENERAL, the nicer the CD player, the better the unit responds to a nicer cord.

If you are using a cheapie CD player (say....under $1k), you probably won’t hear a difference.

When you start talking about $2K+ players with quality power supply(-ies), then yes, you can hear a difference. I don’t think you need to go overboard with the quality of the cord, but a couple-of-hundred dollar cord on a good CD player will be noticeable.

(It’s easily demonstrable with my Esoteric, Yamaha, Classe, modified Denon tube CD player, etc...)

Everything makes a difference on audiophile equipment, and CD players are no different.

P.S. Nice setup. Love the speakers!

Nice system.  Your CD played probably draws +/- .25 of an amp.  Unlike power amps that can require big and fluctuating power, the CD player requires a very small amount of current.  Any cable with some decent shielding is likely to be all you need.  I know this goes against some opinions but that has been my experience.  It never hurts to try something new, but a no questions asked return policy would be a good idea just in case you find there is no sonic difference.  Cheers.