Coincident Frankenstein 300b Stereo Amp

Anyone have any experience with this amp? If so, what speakers are you using it with? I have never had a 300b SET and would like to try one. I am even considering additional speakers if needed for those 8 watts. Thank you for your time and consideration.

moofoo

Hi Charles.

The Franks are exceptional amps....but the choice of speakers, Soliloquy 6.2 with its impedance curve is a perfect match - better than the match of the wavelengths for example.

Then speaker positioning, room tuning, trying out numerous power cables, interconnects, speaker cables, digital cables and of course tubes - the ACME's are great - and the TS brown base black glass are so musical and revealing!

I have spent much more - Wavelengths, Devore speakers, Elrod cabling - and have less organic, musicality because (I suspect) the sum of the parts were less complementary.

Cheers,

P

@paul_lindemann

Your post yesterday really caught my attention. When I had decided to explore the world of SET amplifiers the Wavelength and Wyetech (Also Viva) were very much under serious consideration. I do not doubt for a moment that I would have been very happy with the other esteemed SET alternatives. But once I chose the Frankensteins there was no looking backwards. I truly relate to your joy.😊

Charles

@moofoo I received my Frankenstein 300B stereo several days ago and I have the option of using Klipsch Forte IV, JBL 4319, or the Zu Audio Union 6 Supreme. All three of those speakers sound very good with the very well-built and sounding Coincident Frankenstein 300B Stereo Amp.

@lak thank you for the reply! I appreciate your time! I will need to get another pair of more efficient speakers if I get this amp so I have not ordered yet. I am considereing the Union 6s. Regardless I won’t be giving up the EgglestonWorks speakers. What 300b are you using? 

@lak by the way - you have some great looking equipment and that power/electrical setup! I am sure it all brings great musical enjoyment!