Affordable SS that sound like Tubes

I was a 100% vinyl guy for many years. Due to maintenance cost and aggravation I switched to DSD after a lot of research and I have no regrets.

I am looking for suggestions on affordable SS that sounds as good as Tubes. 

Here's the rub. My Mid Monos were less than $2,000 brand new and they sound incredible. As does my Pre that costed me less than $1,000.

Integrated suggestions are welcomed.

And I would like to hear from people that had fine tube equipment and switched to fine SS equipment.

And please, no mention of "Tubes have Higher Distortion." LOL

T

128x128tonydennison

@soix 

Thanks for taking the time to explain.  My fault in that I should have read a bit more carefully.

Interesting that you mention his Mac mini.  When Op states that he use to be 100% vinyl, but is now fully digital, but likely relies on a computer for streaming.. something is wrong with my understanding of the situation.  This motivated me to make my last post.

Opposing all S.S. design to all tubes design or vice versa is ignorance of the two most important factors in audio which are not analog versus digital , but ACCOUSTIC/psycho-acoustic first and last components synergy...

The rest is prejudices....And some like to stir the prejudices pot...

Interesting that you mention his Mac mini.  When Op states that he use to be 100% vinyl, but is now fully digital, but likely relies on a computer for streaming.. something is wrong with my understanding of the situation.

@vonhelmholtz  No, I think you have a perfect understanding of the situation. 

@panzrwagn The MA 252 looks very promising. And used for $2,100.

This is doable just to buy it to demo. I will

read up on it and maybe give it an audition.

Thanx

T

Tubes don’t make it better ,you need to spend $3k used and up 

for say a 25wpc class A pass Labs  which is more power then it sounds .

it here is No good tube amps at $3k . Quality tube amps cost $$. No getting around it . Any quality tube amp has good transformers and chokes like Lundahl, Hashimoto,Tango for example. are C core transformers ,look at all Quality amplifiers , you will not find any Torroidal transformers in a high quality tube amp , Ayon, VAC , CJ, AR ,Luxman, Audio Valve,Jadis and  many more look at custom tube builders Like Radu Tarta, or Thomas Meyer, my point is Audiophile quality products cost $$.