Affordable SS that sound like Tubes

I was a 100% vinyl guy for many years. Due to maintenance cost and aggravation I switched to DSD after a lot of research and I have no regrets.

I am looking for suggestions on affordable SS that sounds as good as Tubes. 

Here's the rub. My Mid Monos were less than $2,000 brand new and they sound incredible. As does my Pre that costed me less than $1,000.

Integrated suggestions are welcomed.

And I would like to hear from people that had fine tube equipment and switched to fine SS equipment.

And please, no mention of "Tubes have Higher Distortion." LOL

T

128x128tonydennison

Don't know what your budget is but a Wells Audio Majestic integrated might do the trick:

List is 4K.  If you contact Mike Wells he may be able to send you a demo unit to try at home. 

http://www.wellsaudio.com/majestic

Also, rather than “as good as tubes”, maybe you could let us know what specific audio characteristics would constitute “as good as tubes”.

@vonhelmholtz As the OP mentioned he has no intention of replacing his prized tube electronics.  This is more of a rhetorical question to make us all spin our wheels for no reason whatsoever.  He just wants to stroke his own ego and make the point that his QS electronics offer very good value for the price and likely can’t be beat by SS at a similar price.  That’s it.   This is a fool’s errand prompted by a guy who’s admittedly not looking for a real answer and just looking for an ego rush, so don’t waste your time any further because it’s not worth it.  What he should be focusing on rather than wasting our time here is replacing his ancient Mac Mini with a decent streamer from this decade. 

@soix 

Thanks for taking the time to explain.  My fault in that I should have read a bit more carefully.

Interesting that you mention his Mac mini.  When Op states that he use to be 100% vinyl, but is now fully digital, but likely relies on a computer for streaming.. something is wrong with my understanding of the situation.  This motivated me to make my last post.

Opposing all S.S. design to all tubes design or vice versa is ignorance of the two most important factors in audio which are not analog versus digital , but ACCOUSTIC/psycho-acoustic first and last components synergy...

The rest is prejudices....And some like to stir the prejudices pot...

Interesting that you mention his Mac mini.  When Op states that he use to be 100% vinyl, but is now fully digital, but likely relies on a computer for streaming.. something is wrong with my understanding of the situation.

@vonhelmholtz  No, I think you have a perfect understanding of the situation.