Affordable SS that sound like Tubes

I was a 100% vinyl guy for many years. Due to maintenance cost and aggravation I switched to DSD after a lot of research and I have no regrets.

I am looking for suggestions on affordable SS that sounds as good as Tubes. 

Here's the rub. My Mid Monos were less than $2,000 brand new and they sound incredible. As does my Pre that costed me less than $1,000.

Integrated suggestions are welcomed.

And I would like to hear from people that had fine tube equipment and switched to fine SS equipment.

And please, no mention of "Tubes have Higher Distortion." LOL

T

128x128tonydennison

@tonydennison 

What if you rephrase your original post?

When you look at my virtual system, what can I do, short of buying a tube power amplifier, to get more of a tube like musical experience?  My budget for such a change is $xxxx.

Also, rather than “as good as tubes”, maybe you could let us know what specific audio characteristics would constitute “as good as tubes”.  I mention all of this because there are probably many aspects of your system that could be upgraded to move you closer to your goal.  My digital was greatly improved with changes in streamer and DAC.  I am a believer in hybrid systems and for me it is a hybrid integrated amplifier.

You should consider Sugden. I think you can find an A21 integrated in your price range

Take any SS amp and hang an 8 ohm resistor on the outputs. Voila! Tube-like sound as you lower the damping factor!