Learning about crossovers helped convert me from atheist to a believer in God

Let’s see if this one survives.    

I have been an atheist for 50 years.  Recently I became a believer.  One factor that helped tip the scales is the “fine tuned universe” argument - the idea that the physics constants, e.g. the mass of an electron, are so finely “selected” that if they weren’t very close to what they are, life wouldn’t exist.  This is an argument for a creator.  The best counter argument seems to be that there are an infinite number of universes and we got lucky.  

When I got into audio, and started learning about crossovers, I was ASTOUNDED at how well the pieces fit together.  Octaves are exact doubles of frequency.  3dB describes so many seemingly unrelated phenomena.  But the one that really got me was the magic of capacitors and inductors.  They share no parts, other than wires sticking out at each end (usually), one acts due to voltage, one acts due to electromagnetism, one resists AC, one resists DC.  And yet, somehow, they are mirror images of each other, using almost exactly the same equations, behaving perfectly orthogonal to each other, even to the extent of how powerfully they perform their function (3dB again).  How is this possible?  Could this have happened due to random chance?  I smell a creator.  

alanhuth

Transitions between creationism, spirituality, religion and confessional faith are gradual. Excluding one from the other is a matter of personal opinion. Whatever you call it should be highly personal and in no way used to instruct others about the right way to live. In hippie words, love and peace, brothers. 

To apply the same principle to audio would rid us of many a selfrighteous and opinionated post in these fora. 

You are right for sure ....

But i will rectify your order about the transition:

Spirituality , religions, creationism  and specifc faiths...  Taoism, Buddhism and advaita vedanta, or panthéistic cults  are not creationist, there is no bearded man creating a cosmos ...

The existence of a design does not mean a personified creator...An impersonal spirit is the source , which can manifest in a person as you and me...

I like to read others opinion and discussing them... As the Op did ...As you did...

Opinionated i am for sure, 😊 but i am able to change my mind when i felt i was wrong... I have two sides...

In my belief and experience all is one, and there exist only a perfect , uncondional , love between the non manifested and the manifested... And all that is you... or me...

My best to you...

Transitions between creationism, spirituality, religion and confessional faith are gradual.

Inductor, Capacitor?  For me it was Thermos.  When you pour in something hot it keeps it hot, but when you pour in cold it keeps it cold, but HOW DOES IT KNOW WHAT TO DO???

Seriously, I don't know if God exist and don't really care, but if so, then perhaps he just created (programmed) our world and doesn't care anymore.  Sometimes I wonder why anybody would even create such cruel world, where one living thing has to eat another to survive. 

My father must have been searching for God.  I remember him often banging on the bathroom door screaming  "Jesus Christ, are you still there?"

What created the supposed Creator? To infer mystery or some blessed wanton infinitude as a plugin solution to this conundrum is specious at best.