Randy Meisner Has Died

One of the founding members of the Eagles, Randy Meisner, has died at the age of 77. I don't know much about his career after the Eagles, but the fact that he was there at the beginning makes his death a loss for everyone who liked the group. I'll never forget the first time I heard 'Take It Easy' on the radio in 1972, and asked the question "Who are those guys?". Then came 'Witchy Woman', and I was hooked.

discnik

Yes, he was one of the originals. A younger generation doesn’t realize that Joe Walsh (James Gang) and Timothy B. Schmit (Poco) were relative newcomers.

Based on a mini review in The Sensible Sound I picked up this CD and have been playing it ever since. Meisner Swan, Rich ... a country super group.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3sOkQFS2Yg

Rich

I don't remember everything but I feel I was one of the lucky ones that got to see the Eagles on the Yes Close to the Edge tour in 72' at the Music hall in Boston. If I remember right they got about a 10 min standing ovation and came back out and played for about another hour. I was really impressed with them considering I had only heard two of their songs, They were spotlighting Desperado.