What speaker could safely be ordered without hearing it first?

Hi everyone,

I’m in the midst of my speaker search and curious about something.......as noted above. There are some brands I would be interested in based on reputation, reviews, looks etc but may never be able to hear first.

I’m curious what the collective group thinks would be a safe choice having never heard them first. I know there are variables as in size of room, current gear etc. Just want to see what people would suggest. The one I would note based on what I have read is Joseph Audio. I’d also be curious if people would say the same about Borresen.

So it may be a frivolous exercise but I’ll ask the question anyway. Let me know your thoughts.

128x128mtbiker29

We have installed many of the Vandersteen Quatro CTs. These speakers can be installed a foot out from the wall Phase and Time Correct maintain natural spatial information when it's in the recording has a great built-in analog adjustable  Sealed No Ports bass section with 11 per speaker in room compensation adjustments for tunable bass to your preference. Made in California and rare to find used

Best JohnnyR

Vandersteen Dealer NJ

https://www.vandersteen.com/products/quatro-wood-ct

Simple answer to this question........................"NONE!!!"  Be smart.  Always audition before purchasing the most important component in your audio system..........."Speakers."   

I upgraded from monitor audio silver RX6 (and RS6 before that) to GoldenEar Triton Twos, then to the Triton Ones that I currently have. Compared to the RX6s, the Twos opened up the soundstage and added space & detail between all the elements in the music. The Triton Ones upped the ante even more: both can be purchased used for maybe 40% of original cost, and are a HUGE upgrade over the Monitor Audios (which are also very good). Used Twos can be had for $1,300 or so, Ones for another thousand. With good cables, they’ll accurately reproduce every detail in your music source, and could be your forever speakers. I know they’re mine.

Simple answer to this question........................"NONE!!!"  Be smart.  Always audition before purchasing the most important component in your audio system..........."Speakers." 

+1.

Bought Aerial Acoustic 7t's without hearing them to pair with .operate to high powered solid state amps.  I am one lucky SOB cause that are the best speakers I have ever owned out of about 15 plus pairs.