DAC contest: Border Patrol Sei or Chord Qutest?

I had a thread about CD transports hijacked by a member who insisted that I had to ditch the Border Patrol before doing anything else in my system. No idea how he landed on the Chord, but he did.

So, here you are... a place to stomp some more on the Border Patrol and praise the Chord... lol.

swvaaudiofan

@soix 

At what point you are going to stop asking the same questions to almost every post in Audiogon?

It would be most helpful if you could share what improvements you’re looking for, what sound characteristics are most important to you, and what other equipment is in your system.  You’ll get much better and more useful recommendations sharing this critical info, and as it stands I’ve no way to make a meaningful recommendation despite wanting to try to help if possible.

At what point you are going to stop asking the same questions to almost every post in Audiogon?

@lordrootman What exactly is your issue with me asking these critical questions? I ask them over and over again because posters here frequently don’t share near enough information to make an informed and truly useful recommendation, and I don’t like wasting my time throwing darts at a dartboard while blindfolded — got better things to do with my time. I’m here because I really like trying to help people if at all possible and if I have something to offer, but that requires some key info otherwise it’s like a patient going to the doctor and not sharing his symptoms leaving the doctor to just guess. Get it? If you don’t like my posts you’re perfectly free to just skip them, but a lot of people here have been pretty appreciative of my help over the years largely because I ask these critical questions. If you like throwing useless darts while blindfolded and just get off on telling people what YOU like regardless of whether it’s appropriate for what the OP is actually  looking for, well, you do you and I’ll do me and the audio world keeps spinning. Jeez. Really???

now we have to argue about asking useful questions so we can actually help someone properly? man oh man... 🙄

I think Most of the time people who ask questions here are actually looking for hands on experience from actual owners if not there’s a lot of positive reviews about anything out there we can simply takes their words for it 

I think Most of the time people who ask questions here are actually looking for hands on experience from actual owners if not there’s a lot of positive reviews about anything out there we can simply takes their words for it

@lordrootman Yes, hands on experience from others is rightly valued here, but that experience has to be focused on what the OP is looking to achieve, and that requires specific information. If “there’s a lot of positive reviews about anything out there we can simply takes their words for it.”  Seriously?  Are you kidding me??? What about knowing what the OP’s sound preferences and goals are? Just because some talking head likes something means next to nothing if his tastes and system are different from the OP here. It’s all relative to personal tastes, system, and room among other things, which is precisely why I ask the questions I do. Just taking someone’s word for it is anathema to the whole spirit of this site. I truly feel sorry for you if you can’t comprehend this.