Eversolo dmp A6 vs Master edition vs Z8

Has anyone heard all 3 ? What are your thoughts? 
giong into a Chronus Magnum 2 with Falcon q7 and potential lrs+.

Thank you for your thoughts.

Brian 

128x128brianportugal

I have the standard Eversolo DMP-a6, and compared the coaxial output (SPDIF) to the USB output. Both cables were Audioquest Carbon, so that eliminated any differences you would hear from the cables geometry. 

I thought the USB sounded a little cleaner than the coaxial. I had it connected to a Denafrips Pontus ll DAC.

@mr_m Doesn’t the Eversolo have I2s out? Pls let us know how that compares into your Pontus when you get a chance. 

@burtlake 

No. The Eversolo doesn't have i2s outputs.It has SPDIF, USB, optical, and HDMI digital outputs and single ended and balanced analog outs.

The upgrades to the Masters Edition are higher level clocks and op amps on the DAC side so if you are only going to use it as a streamer the standard edition is the same.  If you are going to use it as a combination unit you may or may not hear the benefits of the upgrade.  No matter which of the Eversolo DMP-A6 unit's you chose the Z8 is intended as a higher level DAC. 

@jackd

i agree with you pretty much, except to say that a superior clock in the streamer can help some downstream dacs sonically ... this depends on connectivity scheme to chosen dac...