iPod docking station - Belkin vs Wadia vs Arcam

Lazy and looking for an affordable (i.e. cheap) iPod docking station to play music thru my audiophile system. Don't want to have to invest in a DAC. Understand that the Wadia unit requires a DAC. I'm aware of units sold by Arcam ($300) and Belkin ($100). No remote with the Arcam. Anyone have any experience with these units?
rockyboy
The Wadia unit does not require a DAC

I spoke with the Wadia folks for a while at RMAF, the unit hijacks the digital stream [i]before[/i] it gets to the Wolfson DAC in the iPod, then outputs it via a digital interface to an external DAC.
You have 3 options.
1. Wadia with an external dac--perhaps the best route--very impressive but depends on your dac--though can be used in analog mode
2. Red Wine Audio iMod -- see 6moons review -- only for generation 4 and 5 iPods
3. basic analogue iPod dock by Apple (best of the type), Belkin, Kensington etc
I've heard all 3 and definitely prefer the Wadia.
You might want to look for this information on headfi as there are a large number of folks that use such things at that site.
Hack,

Please clarify - I can use the Wadia docking station without a DAC and not significantly compromise the sound?
I looked it up; I have an Onkyo dx5500 that has never been plugged into a dac. I don't even recall a dac available to buy in 1989. Today Music Direct and Cruthfield both offer the PS audio Digital Link III. Probably mid-grade for an uneducated guess. My gear plays good, so I have time to learn and shop during this upgrade. The JBL L166 and 4 Advents stay. 5000 LP's and 1000 cd's stay. I've had the ipod classic for 5 months and I have not found it easy at all. Yet, once working, it will play for hours without operator action. I like that. How much to spend? I don't know. I have more money than stereo knowledge. The McIntosh dealers in Tustin and Pasadena are unimpressive. Actually marginal product knowledge is more accurate. That Wadia purchase at Music direct is an easy purchase. Todate, I would consider McIntosh, Naim, Quad, LFD or Bryston. Guys, I really don't know what is appropriate.