The new Linn LP12 50th Anniversary edition

Linn have just announced their 50th anniversary edition LP12. See here:linn.co.uk/us/

The price is going to be starting at $60K.

Looks nice, but the price, like so much in the industry these days, seems to be what they used to call ' a thumb suck' number.

Thoughts??

128x128daveyf

@ghdprentice Speaking of automobiles, you can get a new Lexus RX350 or Volvo XC90 for the price of that turntable. We both know what is value for money and what isn't. The beauty of my well-fettled vintage gear is in the maximal bang for the buck achieved. That I can put together a great-sounding system for less than the nostalgia tax you may be willing to pay on that Linn gives me great satisfaction. I'm well aware that it can be bettered, but I prefer to allocate my funds on other endeavors, and not by lining the pockets of the likes of Mr. Tiefenbrun.

It is still just a Linn but with more trick components.  However much is spent it will never overcome the flaws in the original design

Digital designer doesn‘t J.Ive (jive) with analogue. Gratuitous gounging of the unsuspecting

Linn has been working to improve on a design they ripped off the Ariston RD11 for decades now.